Thursday 11 October 2012

A Few of My Favourite Things

Suffice to say that I have a lot of stuff crammed into my wardrobe...and chest of draws...and 
jewellery stand...cough. So when I decided to write this blog entry about a few of my most 
loved items (a little stock take if you will), I accepted the sad fact that that I may have to limit 
said items to my favourite accesseries that I reccently purchased overseas. A few of my 
dresses didn't take the news all that well and I was almost tackled by a particularly 
aggressive fur vest (perhaps a warewolf in a past life?), and then I remembered that my 
clothes can't actually talk or perform teakwondo...don't lie, I know you've all been there.

So without further ado (and to borrow the wise words of a certain Austrian musical) these are 
a few of my favourite things...

I almost died when I found these earrings in Amsterdam and though they cost me an arm and 
a leg (it's true, dressing myself is a real challenge now) they are most certainly worth the 
amputation.

From left to right: A beautiful handmade beaded clutch from Perugia (Italy), both silver earrings from Granada (Spain), a ring by the Spanish designers Banjo and Lola that I purchased in Paris (and if you don't know where Paris is then stop wasting your time reading my blog and study a map!) and this gorgeous handmade necklace made specially for me by a friend in Rome.

I have a bit of a thing for oversized earrings (it's something i'm working through with my therapist) and i'm pretty sure a vast majority of the extra weight in my suitcase on my return journey home was due to these pretty things. From top: gold wave earrings that I picked up at the Brick Lane Markets in London, a vintage green and orange pair bought at a market in Perugia and egyptian style earrings from our good old friend H and M.

I may also have a condition that renders me helpless when faced with the prospect of buying statement necklaces (these ones from a market in Paris), but they where only two euros each, I swear!

And last but not least, the shoes. I couldn't fit them all in the frame of the photo (ahem, six new pairs) but these two are my special little favourites. The black are vintage Italian leather from the coolest vintage shop in Amsterdam and the suede brown pair are by the brand Desigual that my good friend (thank god!) persuaded me to buy in Paris.












No comments:

Post a Comment