Wednesday 29 January 2014

Australia Day Style

Ahh Australia day...what a wonderful excuse to drink beer before lunch, invite friends over for a BBQ marathon and squeeze an extra day out of our weekend. Whether you were chowing down on some burgers, tuning into Triple J's Hottest 100 countdown or being a total bogan and wrapping yourself in the Australian flag, there's no denying that as a nation we certainly know how to celebrate. I think Australia Day is all about paying tribute to the things we love most about our young country and for me that is, of course, classic Australian style. Around the world Australians are known for their laid back, relaxed look, which make us uber cool to our contrastingly slicked-back fashionable European friends. I know, it's hard to believe that rolling out of bed, throwing on a pair of denim cut-offs and a white singlet can be described as a 'look', but hey, I'm not complaining! With tousled beach hair and tanned limbs, Australian models are often the top pick for high fashion runways and Australian designers such as Collette Dinnigan, Akira, Martin Grant and Sass and Bide are now internationally renowned. So, in order to honour the stylishness of my country, I decided to wear one of my favourite current outfits to ring in another Australia Day. Don't worry, I totally passed on the flag wrapping.
 
 
 
 
What I wore:
Singlet: Bardot
Skirt: Pare
Sandals: Rubi Shoes
Rings: Market finds


3 comments:

  1. hi pretty, love the skirt
    kisses
    i expect on my blog
    www.thechicmode.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The skirt is so nice… we are now following you!!

    DinaBella
    http://dina-bella.blogspot.com/2014/01/body-shape-perfect-fit-hourglass.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so pretty!
    I love your look here. :)
    -xoxo, FRANCES

    http://hayleytanya.blogspot.com/2014/01/look-53-checkmate.html

    ReplyDelete