Friday 3 January 2014

Paradise Lost

Well, yesterday was my last night in the incredible tropical paradise that is Port Douglas. I had an amazing few days exploring the ancient Daintree Rainforest, snorkelling the Great Barrier Reef, swimming with sharks (oh yeah, that totally happened), eating more oysters than I ever thought humanly possible and lounging in the ocean until I got so wrinkly that I looked like an over-sized prune. Port Douglas is possibly one of the most relaxed places I've ever been, where the locals run on their own time and drinking a beer at 10 am is not only socially acceptable but a common practice.

While I'm so sad to be leaving this amazing town, I'm excited about starting the next leg of my journey-Sydney! That's right Melbourne, I'm going behind enemy lines and into unknown territory. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment