Saturday 29 June 2013

New Winter Warming Wardrobe

I've been getting my fair share of fresh air this Winter, which is odd when you think about it because i'm usually the first person to go into a deep state of hibernation when the mercury drops. But when we were graced with a sunny Saturday (praise Jesus) this weekend, I thought I would take the opportunity to head out Daylsford-way and indulge in a few shots of my new Winter Wardrobe. I've developed quite a close relationship with these items of clothing over the past few weeks and I feel as though they deserve some serious recognition as they've stopped me developing pneumonia and growing icicles on my eyebrows.

Every good Winter wardrobe must begin with a good jacket. This ones was a surprise purchase from Zara and was the. Best. Winter purchase. Ever. It's got a removable lambs wool inner-jacket, so I can seriously rug up or wear it on a milder Autumn day. It also has a hood which has saved me from many a hair catastrophes when the rain has caught me off guard (given my foolish optimism, this happens more than it should). My jeans are from a new American label called Joe's and fit like a glove...or, just like a really well-fitting pair of jeans. Needless to say, iv'e hardly taken them off all Winter.
 The faux fur vest is an H&M purchase (shout out to our European mates) and has proved a trusty ally since layering became necessary but I wanted to avoid looking like the Michelin Man. It slips on under most jackets and over long sleeve tops and cardigans. Ahh, the genius of the British.
My new sparkly blue Winter-inspired nail polish. Ok, ok, so technically it doesn't keep me physically warm, but just seeing my nails shimmer makes me feel all cosy and fuzzy on the inside.
These earrings were a gift from Italy (those darn sartorially saucy Europeans again) and are adding that special somethin somethin to my Winter outfits.




No comments:

Post a Comment