Saturday 28 December 2013

A Sartorialist's Guide to Port Douglas

After a 2 am flight, crying babies and some soggy aeroplane sandwiches (I'm still trying to decide which was worse, the crying or the wet bread) Iv'e finally made it to my Port Douglas Holiday. That's right peeps, Samson Girl's gone beach! It promises to be a week filled with relaxation, recuperation and, almost certainly, some retail therapy. I pledge to post every day while here, bringing you the very best its of this lovely little town and the very best of my new Summer wardrobe, which still gives me a happy tingly feeling inside every time I think about it.  Yes, the Boxing Day sales may have cost me two weeks pay and taken 9 hours, but I still believe it was time and money well spent. 

The plane touched down at 4:30 this morning and it was still a balmy 24 degrees! Ya hear that Melbourne?! It's warm here ALL THE TIME! My hair might need to make some adjustments, let's just say humidity isn't it's best friend…but on the plus side you don't need to drink any water here, you simply breath in your daily dose of H2O from the air. We checked into our beautiful accommodation at Paradise Links Resort, situated in the middle of a tropical rainforest and a mere ten minutes out of town.


 I ummed and ahhed over my dresses for today's outfit before finally landing on this new number I scored from Myer at the Boxing Day sales (possibly-no definitely-my favourite part of Christmas) and a simple pair of black sandals. It was relaxed, comfortable and cool, capturing everything this wonderful holiday will be!

What I Wore:
Dress: Miss Shop
Sandals: Rubi Shoes


1 comment:

  1. You look cute and comfy. I am living the resort scenery. Enjoy your vacation and shop some more until you drop.

    Sharon
    http://www.afashioncrowd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete