Wednesday 18 June 2014

Samson Girl in Sydney: Fashion Blogger Market

As a full-blooded Melburnian I always thought it my sworn duty to belittle Sydney as our less hip and more-try-hard rival city, but after my short vacay in the wannabe capital, I only have positive things to report. I know, what blasphemy! Over the next few days I'll be posting about the Sydney markets, cafes, fashion and food that led me to disregard the weird one-way streets (seriously what's with that?) and over-priced public transport. Sydney, meet your newest fan.
After a flight, some people might want to unpack, look at a map and take a shower, but not me! Why would I waste time on showering WHEN THERE'S SHOPPING TO DO!? Upon arrival I hit the ground running, making my way straight to The Winery Fashion Markets in the oh-so-hip Surry Hills. Nestled in the laneway behind the Winery Bar lies a monthly market that boasts stalls from some of Sydney's most notable fashion bloggers, stylists and designers who have decided to clear their wardrobes of last seasons Sass and Bide. It's basically like having several incredibly stylish friends who have generously allowed you to raid their wardrobes, which just happen to be full of enviable international and Australian labels. 

 Making an appearance last weekend were Elle and Tash from They All Hate Us, Sara Donaldson from Harper and Harley and Carmen Hamilton of Chronicles of Her, who regularly contributes to Vogue and has worked with brands like Ksubi, Bassike and Manning Cartell. There were more fashionistas, bloggers and instagramers here then you could poke a stick at, all rummaging through the racks heaving under street labels like Talulah, ASOS and Witchery, while higher-end wares such as Camilla and Louis Vuitton also made an appearance. 
The Winery Fashion Market allows those of us who dream of becoming a successful fashion blogger to do the next best thing...raid their totally awesome wardrobe offcuts! If dreaming means I get to wear a pair of second-hand louis Vuittons, then that's fine by me!

1 comment:

  1. Let's celebrate by going to The Bazaar! Ramadan, the blessed holy month for Muslims ends with a special ceremony called Eid-ul-Fitr (aka "Eid"). This event is best celebrated with friends and family. What better way to do this then by gathering together in a fun and safe festival with no entry fees and free parking? Exciting rides, a thrilling assortment of stalls, and excellent live entertainment are the just a part of the festivities that will be available at the event.Click here

    ReplyDelete