Wednesday 21 August 2013

These Boots Were Made For Walking

Sometimes I think the one thing that makes the bitter cold and wet of Winter bearable (apart from Tim Tam bombs) are the beautiful boots that appear in our shops. You'd usually find me pouring over calf-hugging knee highs, but this season I haven't been able to get enough of the humble ankle boot. Sure, Winter's almost over (hooray!), but armed with a pair of ankle boots it's easier to transition your way to Spring in style than to eat a whole jar of peanut butter! When I laid eyes upon these bad boys from Australian brand Django and Juliette, I had what can only be described as an epiphany moment...that is,  God and I concurred that I really really needed these shoes. Comfort is a big focus in Django and Juliette designs, so all my misconceptions of comfortable shoes coming from a chemist flew out the shop door when I slipped on these boots. Let's be honest, no one, I repeat, no one should ever have to buy shoes from a chemist. Their comfort makes them tough enough to take everyday wear and tear (read: shopping) and the beautiful leather and well-sized heel make them date-night appropriate. Just add a slick of red lipstick and you're ready to go!
So now that i'm armed and ready with the perfect trans-season shoe, bring on the Spring! But seriously Melbourne...we're all over this rain. I'll keep the Tim Tam bombs though.

No comments:

Post a Comment