Wednesday 12 December 2012

A Little Bit of Boss to Brighten My Weekend

BOSS
[b-oss]
Adjective:
1. An old CEO Guy wearing a bad suit and odd socks
2. When an object is so incredibly cool, awesome and original that it's impossible for Samson Girl to resist.
This definition pretty much sums up the the incredible jewellery I bought by the label Stannard-inc at the Big Design Market on the weekend. The second definition that is, not the first. I promise that the jewellery I purchased does not mildly represent a balding middle aged corporate man. That would be odd.

Stannard-inc is a Sydney based label that creates handmade jewellery and accessories for men and women. Their pieces are spontaneous, a talking point (good for those awkward I-know-you-but-don't-really-know-you Christmas conversations with your great Aunt), bold and meld classic jewellery designs with cutting edge street style. The brand features bronze, copper, brass, feathers and leather throughout the work but the designs are always changing and morphing into new lines. I loved the chunky, bohemian aspect of the pieces...after all it is summer, and who doesn't love a bit of Bohemia when the weather warms up. I mean Bohemia in the fashionable sense by the way, not in the no shoe wearing and no showering kind of of way. That's just gross.

So I stood procrastinating for quite some time over the many Boss-like pieces; huge crystal rings, Egyptian inspired collars, huge copper cuffs, until I eventually decided. It might be a bit of a stretch to say it was the hardest decision of my life, but I won't lie, it was tuff (first world problem, I know).






So I walked away from the market stall satisfied and ready to rock the Boss Bohemian look. Don't worry, I was wearing shoes...and I'd totally showered that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment