Wednesday 7 November 2012

Super Fine Dressing to Match Super Fine Dining

To say that I've been looking forward to this moment would be, perhaps, the understatement of the year. Nay, the century. Ladies and gentleman, tonight (and most likely for one night only, as it will cause me to become completely broke), I shall be feasting upon the renowned Shannon Bennett's ten course degustation menu at Vue De Monde, located at level 55 of the Rialto Tower. Now, if the names Shannon Bennett or Vue De Monde mean nothing to you then SHAME ON YOU! This is a chef who pushes the boundaries of food in ways that people have never seen before and his sky high restaurant has become world renowned and won numerous awards (but more on that in my next post!). Now, a very tricky question I had to ask myself was what do I wear? What does one wear to a restaurant that has a 1000 dollar pot of tea on the menu, where high flying business men eat caviar off miniature pearl covered spoons and where you sit in a room that offers you million dollar views of beautiful Melbourne City? Even as one who (dare I say it) is somewhat 'fashionably capable', I was quite stumped by such a predicament (I know, I know, first world problems. 'Oh woe is me, I simply cannot choose between my multiple dresses to wear to the most accredited restaurant in Australia" *insert snobby British accent here*).

This outfit had to be perfect. Interesting, but classic and elegant in order not to look out of place. It had to say 'why yes, I can afford to eat here', without being pretentious or looking too try hard, but yet allowing me to show my appreciation for the fine dining quality of Vue De Monde (as, after all, I have been wanting to experience this since before Shannon Bennett was even in fetus form. A little gross, but true). And then, it struck me in some epiphany of brilliance. What says sophisticated diner more than black French lace?! That's a rhetorical question because the answer is, obviously, nothing. So that's how I decided upon this gorgeous lace number that I picked up in Paris by the brand ElevenParis and chose to pair it with a pair of classic black Mary Jane heels and simple gold earrings to top it off. It was exactly the look that I wanted; classic, sophisticated and simple. In one word, perfect.

I've got the perfect outfit. I've got the cash. I've (hopefully) got the stomach for ten courses...now all I have to do is not melt into a puddle of over-excited hysteria when I get there and blow my cool. I'm sure I'll be alright...*fine print: No guarantee can be made that Samson Girl will not be reduced to a liquid state*



No comments:

Post a Comment