Tuesday 25 September 2012

Warning: May Contain Spruiking...

Mmm...nothing beats the smell of freshly ground coffee beans in the morning, and that's exactly the what I'm greeted with as I walk through the door of my most favoured cafe. Ok, I may be a little biased about this one as the cafe in question, Reverence Specialty Coffee and Tea, happens to be my place of work. But I figure, what's a blog without a little bias, right? Situated on the suburban shopping strip that is Union Road in Ascot Vale, this little cafe run by brother and sister duo Annie and Andreas Martinu has become a local favourite. And why wouldn't it be with all day breakfast offerings like (my personal favourite) heirloom tomatoes with avocado and fetta on shallot toast and corn cakes with guacamole, avocado, coriander salsa and bacon and relish.

It's been such a pleasure being a part of this growing business, getting to know the locals (we give them name like 'latte man' and 'chicken sandwich guy') and, of course, learning about the coffee. This aspect is the heart and soul of the cafe and just watching the baristas at work has made me realise how much of a science and art coffee making really is. The house blend, 'Carousel', is a mixture of three beans; a Columbia Santa Rita, Ethiopia Yorgacheffe and Tanzania Blackburn Estate, or the much more romantic name 'Clouds of August'. The short black offers tasting notes with savoury tones of cocoa and hints of cranberry with a delicate peach acidity. Sound good? It is! (ok, thats my spruiking done, I promise). Also on offer is the 'Candyman' blend from Auction Rooms as well as weekly alternating filter coffees available in either aero press or pour over.

So, if you do decide to pop in and say hi be prepared for the best coffee experience OF YOUR LIFE!! Ok, so I lied about the spruiking...sue me.


No comments:

Post a Comment