Tuesday 18 September 2012

Melbourne Musings

Ahh Melbourne. Home of cafes serving the all day breakfast, hipsters with their obligatory fixies and thick framed glasses and bars down lane ways that you practically need a sat nav and Christopher Columbus to locate. I've called this city home for the past 19 years of my life and feel as though I'm still learning about its weird and wacky wonderfulness every single day. From having my taste buds tantalized by some of Australia's best restaurants to gazing longingly at the outfits of the oh so chic shoppers down Brunswick street, I truly believe that we have some of the finest fashion, food, coffee and culture in the world

In my past years of living here I'd like to think I've grown to know Melbourne quite well...I've partaken in its festivals, danced in its live music venues, brunched amongst the hipsters of Gertrude, indulged in its restaurants, and perhaps even, cough, overindulged in the clubs on King street. But with a new cafe, restaurant and fashion trend starting on what seems like every street corner, it can be a little difficult to keep up. I feel as though it's my duty as a dedicated Melbournian to continue exploring this city full of whimsy and fantasticalness (that's totally a word, look it up). Through this blog I shall bring you the very best of Melbourne: style (including that of yours truly), coffee, food, music, festivals and anything else that it's willing to give up. I shall work tirelessly, leaving no shop un-entered, no coffee un-sipped and no dumpling un-eaten. It's going to be tough, but someone's gotta do it.

1 comment: